The Hollard Insurance Group, established in 1980, is South Africa’s largest privately-owned insurance company.
The roots of the company go way back into the late 1950s and early 1960s. It was then that an insurance broker, Robert Enthoven, realised that insurance companies were not adequately meeting the needs of their corporate customers.
He had an idea to start an insurance company that formed deep and long-term partnerships with corporate customers in a way that allowed them to share in the fruits of improved risk management.
Out of this spirit of true partnership the Hollard Insurance Company was born.
– Hollard is South Africa’s largest privately-owned insurance group with turnover exceeding ZAR15 billion
– Hollard is truly independent, having no bank or any institutional shareholders
– Hollard holds both short-term and life insurance licenses, but share infrastructure and capabilities in order to offer seamless and integrated insurance solutions
– Hollard underwrites most classes of insurance business in South Africa, either directly or through our partners
– Hollard delivers insurance solutions to more than 6 million policyholders
– Hollard has operations all over the world – including Australia, China, India, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Mozambique